Sunday 13 November 2011

Bands and Flowers at the NNUH solo show


Here I am with my exhibition of bands and flowers. Not only did I put up my exhibition on the 3rd floor, central block at the NNUH. I also put up my Mothers on the 2nd floor and 4 exhibitions on the 1st floor. My mothers work had to be mounted and named this took me a week to do as there was so much to sort threw. I am a volunteer at the hospital working for the hospital arts project, for nearly 10 years. I do what ever I can do at the time. This year I had a big ear operation so I had to have a break from doing as I didn't want to spend to much time in the hospital after the op, so that I could recover properly. We had to cancel a fashion show in the summer which would have been a great fundraiser.




These poppy's I painted when I was recovering from my ear operation and sitting in the garden. The first poppy of the year came out then the next day was the 2nd. they are the giant Poppy's that my mother planted 40 years ago. I remember having my photo taken with one when I was a small child and the flower was as big as my head.



I kept drawing the garden, with no intention of exhibiting them it was more for recording the garden as it grew and for my own therapy to try and get back into the world. The flowers were first exhibited in the summer in St. Margaret's church in Norwich for the Pride without Prejudice show.




This is some rainbows that were also from the Pride summer show. The City hall picture was commission by Shelly Telly for Pride and smaller prints, mugs and fridge magnets are all for sale to raise money for Pride if you would like any please get in touch.




Emma Jarvis hospital arts coordinator helping with the exhibitions on the 1st floor. We halved the time and put them up together.


No comments: