Tuesday 20 March 2007

Building a work bench

Having a proper work bench makes working as an artist a dream. It’s important for an artist to have space and storage room, to stay in some sort of system. It gives you more time to create.

I prefer making things myself. As I work with fabric a lot I wanted a work bench of 1.2m wide and 2.1m long and with a shelve underneath it. Try to find that at IKEA!


Workbench in progress!
Robert designed the thing on paper and we put it together together. After some tough times building it we cracked open the sparkling Rosé and brushed all the sawdust from our overalls.

I haven’t decided yet how to finish the work bench. As it was catching character fast (paint, red wine, vegemite) it’s presently covered with laminated PVC fabric, with giant ice creams on it.



No comments: