Saturday 28 February 2009

Birthing music

I was chatting to my cousin last night on facebook. She is in the middle of labour. Although I have never given birth to anyone myself. I tried to help her with things I picked up from my history. While in Australia I found out the Australian aboriginal women gave birth at Tea-tree lakes that are surround by trees, the lakes are thick with Tea-tree.
So I said what about the smell of tea-tree. Then I said all fours might help as it did with my sister. Then I said what about music. Maybe having a guitarist playing along to create the right vibe. Then I thought why isn't there any birthing music out there. How many musicians have given birth and how many have witnessed it. If you feel your music is the right thing for birthing. Put an album together especially for birthing.

No comments: