Friday 26 October 2012

Indian puppet man


Photo's by Anand Raj 



This is a photo of a puppet man in Delhi India. This puppet man is a duppelganaer of Norwich Puppet man and of similar age. In just a few days this photo has been shared around the facebook community majority of the people in india and he seems to be as popular as the Norwich Puppet man
I only came across the photos because a in 2010 I went out to Indian to stay with Anand Gurnani who is India's animation guru. Anand had a company called Animation Xpress and he makes the Indian animation popular. I have illustrated one of Anand's storys, because I became friends with him through my Facebook group women cartoonists. I also really liked the story that he wanted to tell. I painted the illustrations in Acrylic on paper and put them in my portfolio and set off for Mumbai and stayed with Anand's amazing family. Anand introduced me to some amazing people and we even went to meet Mumbai's deviant artists who were meeting up from the networking website for the first time. We made a claymation in his bedroom of the story thanks to the help of his top claymation friends. Then he took me on a photography holiday with a group called Life away from Life. We took a sleeper train to Rajasthan and hung out in Bundi. 
When I got back to the England, I made friends on Facebook with all my new friends from India and that is how I came across this photo from one of my friends Facebook pages, when I was posting about my new group exhibition Slick or Slack at The Art Project Shop in Norwich which runs for one month.
I sent the photos to the EDP newspaper in Norfolk but they are too lazy to publish the story so I thought I might as well publish the story on my own blog. A special thanks to Anand Raj for posting on facebook.

This is what was written with the photo. 


Last saturday I met a Sales Man With Puppet!!!!!(A note from Anand Rai)

I saw him last saturday around 6.30 pm in F block, Inner Circle, Connought Place. He is Well Dressed wearing ironed full-sleeved shirt which is tucked into trouser that has a black leather belt and a stick to support his steps.
His hand is covered with a puppet gloves which makes a "PPPPPIIIIPPPP" sound that enable him to attra
ct passerby.

I am curious to know about his life. What I got ! I wanted to share with you guys!

Let's meet Mr Sahay he is a live example for the people who scared from struggle. He is aged 75 
At this age he comes daily from rohtak with a bag full of puppets and a water bottle which is heavier & makes him uneasy to put each step.
He has a railway pass which enable him to commute daily from Rohtak. He earns for his wife, married daughter and her children. 

He is Retired Bank manager. He had a son who done chartered accountancy, he has spent all his saving for his carrier.
His son moved to Bahrain without informing him and after some time a news comes to him that his son died in an accident.
Now he is the only bread earner for his family.

Please buy a pair of puppet which cost Rs 40 to support Mr.Sahay! Not for Sympathy but to Salute Mr Sahay !!!!!



No comments: